I am a trained a certified professional Health & Wellness Coach and Mindful Eating Coach and have been practising since 2011.
As a Health & Wellness Coach I am an expert facilitator of mindset and behaviour change. I support my clients to overcome the internal and external obstacles that hold them back from meeting their full potential and living as healthy and fulfilling lives as they possibly can. Through deep, personalised coaching, I help my clients to find the motivation and develop the tools to optimise their emotional and physical health and wellbeing.
My coaching approach integrates the evidence-based principles and tools of several psychology and behaviour change models as well as insights and strategies from the science of habits, neuroscience, positive psychology, adult development, mindfulness and goal setting. I received both my foundation and advanced coach training through Wellcoaches, USA - the gold standard for high-impact, evidence based and innovative coach training and certification for health and wellness professionals. I am also a certified Personal Trainer, Weight Management Specialist, and a licensed Mindful Eating workshop Facilitator and Personal Coach. I am currently training to become a certified Lifestyle Medicine Coach and will be even better placed to support people to make sustainable lifestyle changes to prevent, treat and reverse lifestyle-related chronic diseases. I am very excited to add this specialism to my coaching services.
I am committed to empowering people, no matter what their health and life circumstances, to optimise their quality of life by taking ownership of their physical and emotional health and wellbeing, and to helping change healthcare systems and practices for the better.
Qualifications & training
- Certified Professional Health and Wellness Coach (advanced training), Wellcoaches® School of Coaching, USA
- Certified Health and Wellness Coach (foundation training), Wellcoaches® School of Coaching, USA
- Certified Personal Trainer, American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
- Reclaim Your Life: Living with Long Term Health Conditions Practitioner Training
- Trained & Licensed Am I Hungry?® Mindful Eating Program Workshop Facilitator and Coach for the following programs: the generic Mindful Eating Program for optimal health & wellbeing, the Mindful Eating Program for Pre-Diabetes and Diabetes, the Mindful Eating Program for Bariatric Surgery, Mindful Eating Program for Workplace Wellness.
- Weight Management Specialist, American College on Exercise (ACE)
- Wellness Council of America (WELCOA) Faculty Status (2013-2015)
- Motivating People to Become Physically Active
- JrFitTMYouth Fitness Speciality Certificate, American Academy of Health and Fitness (AAHF)
- International Association for Worksite Health Promotion (IAWHP) Certification
- Various CPD courses including: women & fitness, core strength training, etc
Other qualifications include:
- PhD in Anthropology, London School of Economic and Political Sciences (LSE), University of London, UK (1993).
- MPhil in Anthropology, London School of Economic and Political Sciences (LSE), University of London, UK (1989)
- First Class B.Soc.Sci (Hons) in Social Anthropology, University of Manchester, UK (1987)